How important is mental health?
Mental Health is defined as: the psychological and emotional well-being of a person. Not many people give importance to their mental health but most of the time it is because they are not aware of the dangers. There are many factors that can affect a person’s mental health. The cause:
- Pressure from work or school
- Insecurities about their appearances
These factors may lead to problems like depression, eating disorders and identity crisis. The effect:
- People with depression hardly even know they have and even when they do know most of the time they mask it.
- People with eating disorders look at themselves way less than they actually are.
- People with identity crisis may completely lose their natural character.
- These disorders can become deadly as it takes a toll on their mental health which can lead to anxiety, self-harm and suicide.
There are many ways to escape these disorders. The solution:
- Prescribed antidepressants from certified therapists
- Suicide and self-harm hotlines
If you or anyone you know are going through these problems, feel free to contact the following helplines:
- Suicide prevention-022 2754 6669
- Self-harm-800 1006 614
Just remember, there is nothing wrong in asking for help. Better safe than sorry